Are you ready for some CHANGE?
This past year has been a whirl wind of change for many of us. We’ve watched our children graduate high school, our teammates start new career paths and deepen their knowledge and commitment to the one they have, we’ve welcomed new pets and said good bye to others. We’ve moved homes, adopted new schedules, received new toys, started new hobbies, new habits, and new attitudes… the list goes on. Change is a big part of life.
In fact, there is no shortage of “wisdom” regarding change… What’s your favorite?
- Life is a process. We are a process. The universe is a process. Anne Wilson Schaef
- If I am an advocate for anything, it is to move. As far as you can, as much as you can. Across the ocean, or simply across the river. Anthony Bourdain
- To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. Henri Bergson
- All great changes are preceded by chaos. Deepak Chopra
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Maya Angelou
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person or if we wait for some time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. Barack Obama
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. Charles Darwin
Which of these speak to you? How do you perceive change? Are you leaning in or holding back?
Being part of such a dynamic community, I witness a lot of change. I see some of you are new to yoga or new to making intentional self-care part of your regular schedule. CONGRATULATIONS! Some of you have returned to the practice and are still remembering how to find your way. KEEP IT UP! Others of you have yet to make your wellness a priority, and if so, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Still others of you are learning to adapt your “practice” to accommodate your own life changes… in work, in family, in health, and in love. Change really is inevitable.
Glimpse into my World:
CAUTION: TRUTH ALERT…Many of you know I am a bit of an over-achiever and have a tendency toward work-a-holism. (no, really?!?) Honestly though, I LOVE what I do, every bit of it! They say if you do what you love, you never work a day in your life. I don’t know about that, but I do know that I have a lot of joy, a ton of gratitude and an amazing community. Whether I work too much or not is not so much the point as to balance my work with rest. Breathe. Move. Rest.
It is my HIGHEST priority to be authentic and transparent, to practice what I preach. So although I spend a lot of time “working”: leading classes, guiding yoga trainings and offering yoga therapy support, I’m also playing and receiving great care. This commitment to self-care allows me to balance my energy and commitments so that I can work behind the scenes to make your experience even better. This image is my “satellite office” aka “my kitchen table.” From here I can prep for dinner while I type out these words to you. From here I can monitor class registrations while keeping tabs on the comings and goings of my three teenage children. From here, I can connect with prospective students and practitioners and still greet my husband when he comes home from work. From here I can see the BIG PICTURE of what Life’sWork Yga can become. And, let me tell you, the view is AMAZING!
Whatever is on your agenda today, whatever changes are in store in your world, I hope you can make the space to breathe, move and rest. I hope you can find a way to say “YES” to your own self-care practice. I hope you can give yourself permission to begin again. We are here to help!
May you breathe deeply, move freely, labor lovingly and live vibrantly.